MY RELEASE DAY (Even Better Than Last Year!)…

Last year on release day, I glammed it up: I got a Tiffany bracelet, went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (so I could actually HAVE cheesecake for lunch), drove around to bookstores all over the city signing stock and taking pics of me in front of my book on displays.

This year, not so much with the glamorous. I spent most of the day working on copyedits for The Pledge. In my sweatpants.

But here’s what I did do…

My husband got me this as a launch-day gift:



OMG, a NOOK Color!!!! And, yes, I think it might actually be better than a Tiffany bracelet. You know, for a book-whore like me!

And look at the first thing I downloaded (well, after TBF and DESIRES, of course!).


Yeah, it’s US Weekly….cuz that’s how I roll. And seriously, I think I’m in love with this thing!!!

Then we dragged took the kids out for a nice family dinner. We’d planned to go to a place near our local bookstore, but when we were driving, our oldest daughter called and asked: “Hey, when was the last time you were here?”

Me: “I don’t know, why?”

Her: “Cause that restaurant you said to meet you at…it’s not really a restaurant anymore. It looks more like a bar.”

Me: “Hmm.”

That’s how often we get out, apparently. So we decided on the Outback Steakhouse, which was just down the street, I ordered a HUGE dessert, and then we went to sign stock at the local bookstore.

Of course, the kids love watching me sign stock. [end sarcasm font!]

But even better than the NOOK Color, was the fact that when I woke up this morning DESIRES OF THE DEAD was #9 on Barnes & Noble’s Teen Bestseller’s List! Hell yeah, baby!!!!

Seriously, this release day was WAY better than last year. Hands down!

Comments

Heather said…
WOW! Congrats to YOU! I cannot wait to read the new book. I pre-ordered a signed copy from the Federal Way store! Hopefully you'll be able to make it to Houston this year, though!

I was reading on Alice Marvels and it was suggested that TBF series would be an amazing TV series! I agree! I would love tuning in every week to see it!

Congrats again!
Nicole Settle said…
Sounds like an awesome day. I must go get my copy soon! Can't wait to read it!
Buster815 said…
WOW Congrats Kim!!! Desires is super awesome!! It deserves every bit of success it gets and so do you!! And OMG the Nook Color looks awesome!! woohoo Congrats again!!!
Marsha Sigman said…
I would so spend release day in my sweats too.lol

My copy of DOTD is in transit at this very moment, gradually finding it's way to me. Not that I am tracking it every hour or anything...because that would be weird.
Tere Kirkland said…
Congratulations! That must feel really good. And your new NOOK Color is nothing to sneeze at. It's neat that you got to experience two very different and very rewarding release days!
Emily said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said…
Congratulations!!!! I wish I could somehow teleport a few thousand miles for the release party!!!!
Jill Hathaway said…
That sounds like my dream release day! Especially the sweatpants and big dessert part!
DJ D. said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :-)

I'm glad you're lovin' your Nook! I'm debating whether or not to get an ereader, but the Nook Color is starting to win me over.

Again, congrats!
Katy Upperman said…
I'm cracking up because as a local reader, I totally know which restaurant-turned-bar you're talking about. :) Congrats on your release!
Heather - I SO agree, it would make a great TV series...

DJ - It is pretty awesome!

Katy - It's not like we were looking for a fancy night out or anything, just a place to take the family. Unfortunately, I don't think a bar was the right fit!