Soooo...?

You told me what you thought, and I listened. It was pretty much unanimous (sorry, Purple. I can call you that, right? We're on a first name basis now, aren't we???)...simpler is better.

Yes, I heard some suggestions for minor tweaks in the code. Tweaks. In the code. (That's HTML for those of you who don't speak computer-ese). I do not speak computer-ese. I do not tweak. It was all or nothing.

And nothing it is!

So, here we are.

I like it. It's understated. Subtle.

Some candles to set the mood (Tambiance, some might say...well, only a few might say that). Nice colors to soothe the eyes. Nothing glaring. Nothing jarring or jolting.

Just what you asked for.

S.I.M.P.L.E!

Now, If I hear anyone complaining, I just might turn this thing around and go home....

Comments

Alea said…
Ahh, very nice and sort of calming! Love it!
Little Ms J said…
I like the dark background. Very nice, understated and quite classy. Would go with a nice Merlot.
Christy Raedeke said…
Oh yes. I love it. Beautiful with a spooky edge.
I'm glad you guys like it!

And, Little Miss J, I like the way you think. I was hoping someone would offer to bring the wine. I believe you've just graduated to a first-name basis as well. May I call you Little???

Christie, welcome to my lair. *twirls mustache evily*
Heidi Willis said…
very nice! those candles definitely set a mood!

I like it!
Great, Heidi, you are invited to come over and have wine with me and "Little"! ;)
Leigh Purtill said…
Far more soothing...much better choice.
Tam and John said…
I didn't see the original change but I like this one. The candle in the title rocks. Of course.
Little Ms J said…
Please feel free to call me Little. My hubby nicknamed me that when we started dating because he's a giant and my friends have picked it up. My business partner calls me J. Ms just comes from being a feminist. :P

I have already cracked open a bottle of vino to toast your new layout. Cheers!
PurpleClover said…
Oh you can call me whatever your heart desires! Your blog (the plain jane classy black) was what gave me inspiration on my blog layout. I was never suggesting that I didn't like the original!

So it doesn't hurt my feelings you went back! I was just saying I really liked the other!
PurpleClover said…
I have to add that it does make you seem more mysterious like the inner workings of your mind are a hard nut to crack (not that I'm implying you have a nut for a brain - clearly you don'!).

So I like the Mysterious Kimberly Derting.
Liviania said…
I like it! Not this time but the time before I had someone else tweak my layout. Definitely not in my range of talents.
Katie Anderson said…
Aahhh yes. I feel like I'm in the dungeon.