I NEED SOME NYQUIL...

I just got back from New York, where, among other things, I had the most amazing opportunity to meet my editor, Gretchen Hirsch, and to take a tour of the HarperCollins offices where I got to meet some of the people who will be responsible for putting my book into book stores. The coolest part: being introduced as “the author of The Body Finder”, and having people know who I was!

Besides catching a nasty cold on my last day, this was my first time EVER in New York, so everything was frickin' awesome! We ate a ton of great food, walked until I had blisters all over my feet (and yes, I spent $12 on two sad little Band-Aids from the minibar), and shopped until my credit card was practically on FIRE!!!


One thing that I got to see:
Naked Cowboy in Times Square!

Thirty degrees and no pants…that’s living the dream, people. Living the dream!


And if you can stay up late tonight, you can catch me in the audience of the Late Show with David Letterman (yep, that’ll be me sitting right smack-dab in front of Dave’s desk…they moved us all the way to the second row!). Don’t forget, though, my hair is brown now, so don’t be looking for a blonde.

Comments

PJ Hoover said…
Thanks for posting the picture! It's priceless!
Annette said…
I saw the Naked Cowboy too! Why did you get moved to the fron row at David Lettermen? Was it because of your connections with HarperCollins? I want to see pictures!
Leigh Purtill said…
Yay! Not for the cold but for the city of New York and your awesome visit to it! Isn't that a great moment, meeting the person who thinks all the blood-and-sweat you've poured onto the page is, you know, good?
PJ: I loved that he didn't even flinch from the cold, while I was bundled up in a wool coat and gloves!

Annette: No HarperCollins connections, apparently they liked our "energy and enthusiasm"...I guess that means we were a little too excited to be there!!!

Leigh: It was great meeting everyone there and hearing the editors who helped push my book through Acqusitions saying, "I really loved it!". What a moment!